Upcoming obedience training Courses
From puppy class, to higher level obedience, this type of training is an essential tool for all pet parents and pooches alike!
Basic Obedience Course
Throughout the basic obedience course, you will learn the skills needed to communicate in a language your dog understands. You are asked to commit at least 30 minutes a day to training with your dog between classes.
- Paying attention in a distracting environment
- Sit and down
- Sit stay and down stay at a distance
- Come when called (recall)
- Loose leash walking
- Appropriate greetings of strangers and other dogs
- Environmental socialization, including dog and people socialization
We will also teach you critical information needed to be a responsible dog owner including:
- Basic dog psychology
- Understanding how dogs learn
- How to use a food lure to shape behaviors
- Training tools and equipment education
- How to be a strong leader for your dog
- Understanding your dog’s physical and mental needs
- Interpreting dog behavior and body language
Basic Obedience Course Pricing
*GST & QST tax apply to all invoices.
5 Week Training
- – Dogs must be 6 months or older to attend
- – The first class is orientation for humans only
- – Children must be at least 10 years old and accompanied by a guardian
- Who is it for: From puppies to young adults, in all stages of their lives. For individuals that would like to continue their canine education and deepens the bond between themselves and their dog.
- Who it is NOT for: Dogs with specific behavioral issues that need individual care and guidance. Please visit our private training page.